New COVID-19 Benefits
Applications are now open for new COVID-19 benefits.
Government of Canada has introduced three new benefits, delivered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
The CRB provides $500 per week for up to 26 weeks, to workers who have stopped working or had their employment/self-employment income reduced by at least 50% due to COVID-19 and who are not eligible for EI.
The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit provides $500 per week for up to two weeks, for workers who are sick or must self-isolate for reasons related to COVID-19, or have underlying conditions that would make them more susceptible to COVID-19.
The Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit provides $500 per week for up to 26 weeks per household, for eligible people unable to work because they must care for a child under 12 years old or other family member requiring supervised care, who is unable to attend their school or regular care facility, due to COVID-19.
- To be eligible for any of the recovery benefits, people must have earned at least $5000 (before deductions) in 2019, 2020, or in the 12 months prior to applying.
- To be eligible for the Canada Recovery Benefit, individuals must be available and looking for work, and must accept work when it is reasonable to do so.
Applications can be done online through CRA My Account or by phone: 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041
To apply online follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html